This Vegan Chili Cheese Dip is seriously the best thing ever.
It's definitely my most requested dish - even my omni friends LOVE it.
It's perfect for game days, parties, and pretty much anytime you need a good dip to share with your peeps.
It's that good y'all.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here!
- VEGAN CHILI CHEESE DIP -
(makes a shit ton of dip)
- 2 c. raw cashews (or 1 cup raw cashews + 1 cup raw sunflower seeds), soaked overnight
- 1 1/4 c. water (add more if needed)
- 1 orange bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup nutritional yeast (aka nooch) - split into 2, 1/2 cup portions
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp. white or yellow miso
- 1 tsp. salt (add more to taste if needed)
- black pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, optional
- 1/3 c. minced white onion
- 14 oz. salsa
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans (or two 15 oz. cans)
1. Drain and rinse the soaked cashews and add them to a blender with the water, orange bell pepper, garlic, 1/2 cup of nooch, chili powder, salt, and miso.
2. Blend for a few minutes, until SUPER smooth and creamy, scraping the sides down as necessary.
3. While that stuff is blending, heat a pot on medium heat and add in the onion, salsa, taco seasoning, and pinto beans.
4. Mix well, cover, and cook for 8-ish minutes, or until everything is heated through.
5. Add in the well-blended cheesy sauce and stir to combine.
6. Add in another 1/2 cup of nooch, your choice of hot sauce, and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Turn the heat to low, pop the lid back on, and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
8. Serve immediately with chips or veggies for dipping. Enjoy!
NOTE: This dip will thicken up in the fridge & on the stove. So keep that in mind if you are planning on making this ahead of time. You can always add a little water to thin it out a bit.
NOTE: You can definitely sub black beans for pinto beans if you'd like. It's super yummy either way.
I truly hope you guys love this dip as much as I do. I seriously CANNOT get enough.